Saturday 17 March 2012

Free PAL Travel For Me!

I wanted a break this month, preferably before Lenten week sets in and at a lesser cost. Looks like an angel was on my side when I made that wish. The other day, I opened my yahoo account and received an update from PAL Mabuhay Miles. I have 10,000+ miles to spend before March 31. Perfect! So I called up PAL Mabuhay customer service and inquired about it. I only have to pay the taxes and, of course, the airport terminal fee.

I can travel anywhere in Luzon and Visayas (round trip) with my miles, the customer service said. However, If I want to travel to Mindanao my miles can only cover for a one way ticket. If I choose to travel anywhere in Luzon and Visayas (only where PAL has route service), I can choose between economy seat worth 8,000 miles for a round trip ticket or a business class for 10,000.

I immediately checked the web for best tourist spots and a place where I have never been. Ahh, Culion in Palawan, a former lepers colony. I heard it is being developed as a tourist destination. I checked the web and found that there are only two lodging houses there: one is run by Ateneo students and the other a simple lodging house which costs around Php300-400 for overnight stay. Read too that electricity in the place is only from mid-afternoon to midnight. The place has some interesting spots to visit and, best of all, Culion is still considered an "off-the-beaten-track" place. This looks like the best place for me to relax and de-stress.   

2 comments:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete